打印 上一主题 下一主题

[靈修] AN ANTHROPOLOGY OF THE 'NEW AGE'

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2023-5-17 16:40:31 | 只看该作者 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

摘要

本论文是对英格兰萨默塞特郡格拉斯顿伯里地区“新时代”运动的人类学研究。 它基于一年的1989 年 10 月至 1990 年 11 月在格拉斯顿伯里的参与观察。

这篇论文着眼于这些被称为“新时代”的人所采用的生活哲学,他们认为这种生活哲学代表了西方主流社会价值观的另一种选择。 我研究了他们如何将自己的想法与英国社会中作为亚文化生活的压力结合起来。 我通过提出这个问题开始这篇论文,什么是新时代? 在这样做的过程中,我提出了有关群体分类、社区概念和群体边界的问题。 介绍我在格拉斯顿伯里的新时代运动的民族志例子,我试图在当地的背景下提供一个背景。

然后我继续在整体主义和个人主义的主题下介绍民族志。 民族志之后的分析评论参考路易斯杜蒙的作品讨论了个人主义和整体主义。 与 Dumont 相反,我将这两个想法作为补充而不是相互排斥。 最后,我将在乌托邦群体的更广泛历史背景下审视新时代运动。

Abstract

This thesis is an anthropological study of the ‘New Age* movement, in the area of Glastonbury, Somerset, England. It is based upon one year’s
participant observation in Glastonbury from October 1989 to November 1990.
The thesis looks at the philosophy of living which these people, referred to as ‘New Agers', have adopted, and which they believe to present an alternative to the values of mainstream Western society. I examine how they combine their ideas with the pressures of living as a sub-culture within British society. I begin this thesis by posing the question, what is the New Age?’. In doing so I raise questions about the classification of groups, notions of community, and the boundary of the group. Introducing my ethnographic example of the New Age movement in Glastonbury, I attempt to provide a backdrop in the context of locality.
I then proceed to present the ethnography under the themes of holism and individualism. The analytical commentary that follows the ethnography discusses individualism and holism with reference to Louis Dumont s work. In contrast to Dumont I present the two ideas as a complement rather than mutually exclusive. I conclude by looking at the New Age movement within the wider historical context of Utopian groups.

封面.png (119.09 KB, 下载次数: 27)

封面.png

AN ANTHROPOLOGY OF THE 'NEW AGE'.pdf

42.22 MB, 下载次数: 1, 下载积分: 金幣 -10

售价: 3 金幣  [记录]

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 註冊

本版积分规则

Copyright © 2004-2018 Imslr.com