返回列表
查看: 2822|回复: 12
打印 上一主题 下一主题

《Numbers》

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-3-28 09:53:21 | 只看该作者 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
even years have passed since this essay was written, and the MSS. pages have been lent to many friends and students of mystic lore and occult mean-ings. It is only at the earnest request of these kindly critics that I have consented to publish this volume. The contents are necessarily of a fragmentary character, and have been collected from an immense number of sources; the original matter has been inten-tionally reduced to the least possible quantity, so as to obtain space for the inclusion of the utmost amount of ancient, quaint and occult learning. It is impossible to give even an approximate list of works which have been consulted; direct quotations have been acknowledged in numerous instances, and (perhaps naturally) many a statement might have been equally well quoted from the book of a contemporary author, a mediaeval monk, a Roman historian, a Greek poet, or a Hindu Adept. To give the credit to the modern author would not be fair to the ancient sage, to refer the reader to a Sanskrit tome would be in most cases only loss of time and waste of paper. My great difficulty has been to supply informa-tion mystic enough to match the ideal of the work, and yet not so esoteric as to convey truths which Adepts have still concealed.

I must apologize for the barbarous appearance of for-eign words; but it was not found practicable to supply Sanskrit, Coptic, Chaldee and Greek type, so the words have had to be transliterated. Hebrew and Chaldee should of course be read from right to left, and it was at first intended so to print them in their converted form, but the appearance of Hebrew in English letters re-versed was too grotesque; ADNI is a representation of

the Aleph, Daleth, Nun, Yod, of “Adonai,” but INDA would have been sheer barbarity. In the case of Hebrew words I have often added the pronunciation.

……

文件密码:www.zhiyinshe.com
下载地址回复可见:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
沙发
发表于 2009-3-28 21:37:05 | 只看该作者
这是关于字体的书吗?看看……
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2009-3-30 17:36:57 | 只看该作者
还是关于数字的书?