Aeons隱知_神秘學網站(指引社)

查看: 2001|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Goth in the UK:一个老歌特眼中的英国歌特圈

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-10-1 13:22:21 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
一直想找点有意思的不说教的跟歌特有关系的文章,恰巧搜到这一位的文章,语言平实,态度和蔼,像聊天一样的,花了一个来小时给翻译了,看着玩儿吧,算是一位“前圈内人士”的观点,此文似乎写给要来英国玩的美国歌特的。

鉴于此人是纯粹的old school,所以只代表他的个人观点,不喜欢也别批评了,这人我估计都快50了。

Goth In The UK
歌特在英国

My name is Paul I'm 45, British. Some of you may know me from Myspace under the name Flavius, others may not know me at all. I’m a friendly kind of a chap, some say witty and intelligent, others possibly think that I am moody I've even been called pretentious which made me smile. I very rarely go to events in this country anymore. It's changed so much and many of the people that I knew and loved have moved away from the scene.

我的名字叫Paul,45岁,我是英国人。你们有些人可能知道Myspace上的Flavius,那就是我,如果不知道也没关系。我是个友善的家伙,有的朋友夸我聪明机智,有的觉得我情绪善变。甚至还有人说我自命不凡,对此我总是一笑了之。现在我已经很少会参加国内的各种活动了。经历了太多的变化之后,一些我熟识和喜爱的人已经离开了这个圈子。

On Gothic Fashion In The UK
谈谈英国歌特时尚

Traditional Gothic fashion is very rarely seen now days and one is more likely to encounter Goths wearing club wear, ball gowns, period clothing, fancy dress, pirate wear etc, cyber gear, metal wear etc. Many people wear Para Boots, platform boots, New Rocks etc. The traditional pointed boot is very rarely seen now days. There are many creative people out there who spend a long time developing their own individual style and look incredible to say the least. There are a minority of Death Rockers usually based in the cities who sport the usual uniform normally associated with this genre Mohawks, Dr Martens etc and as usual they all look brilliant.

传统的歌特装扮(注)在现在已经很难见到了,一般人更有可能的是遇到盛装去俱乐部玩的歌特或是穿着舞会长裙,复古装扮,昂贵的衣服,海盗服等等,或是赛博装备,金属装备等等等等。很多人会穿着松糕底靴子、高台靴子(前台很厚粗跟的那种),或者New Rock的靴子(著名摇滚品牌)。传统的尖头靴子已经很少见了。有许许多多的非常富有创造性的人会花大量的时间逐渐摸索属于他们自己的风格,这让他们看上去令人惊异不已。有一小部分的以城市所在地为单位的Death Rocker常常会将制服,Mohawk头,马丁靴等等混搭在一起制造出非常棒的视觉效果。

注:就是这位保罗同志这种大back comb头,用了好几吨发胶这种,加上fish net,tons of black,大红嘴这种。

About The UK Goth Scene
关于英国歌特圈

There are many elements to the so called British Goth scene, much of the scene is in reality better classed as alternative rather than Gothic. Many so called Goth clubs don’t play any Goth music apart from the occasional Siouxsie or Sisters Of Mercy tracks. Many Goths believe that Black Metal, Industrial, EBM and Synth Pop is in fact Goth and the majority of British clubs cater for these type of people. However I have noted with interest that many new clubs dedicated to traditional Gothic, Post Punk and Death Rock have started to sprout up all over the UK, the best known is probably Dead And Buried which is based in London and there are many more such as the Black Veil in Leeds, The Hex in Wolverhampton and The Wake in Nottingham. All these clubs and many others play a good mix of music and usually don’t play EBM, Industrial, Metal, Spooky or Synth Pop. However, some do still play Depeche Mode a band which I personally hate with a passion to be honest and can’t understand why their tracks are played in a Goth club. I would certainly advise recommend any visitor from L.A to check out any of the above in order to enjoy a good night out in the company of some very friendly people.

现实当中的“不列颠歌特圈”由于它包含了太多的元素,与其说是歌特圈,倒不如说它是一种另类的亚文化圈子。许多所谓的歌特俱乐部除了偶尔放放Siouxsie 或是 Sisters Of Mercy的歌,其余时间放的音乐都是不相干的。许多歌特相信黑金属,工业音乐,EBM和合成器流行音乐都算做歌特音乐,而英国的大部分俱乐部都去迎合这些人的口味。有趣的是我发现一些新的俱乐部,专注于传统歌特音乐,后朋和死亡摇滚,而且这样的俱乐部正在英国各地不断涌现出来。这当中最有名的大概是伦敦的Dead And Buried,其他的还有利兹的Black Veil,伍尔夫汉普顿的Hex和诺丁汉的The Wake。许多这样的俱乐部会播放各种歌特音乐,当然并不包括EBM,工业音乐,金属或合成器流行。虽然也有的还在播Depeche Mode这样我个人讨厌的要死的乐队,说实话我真想不出到底为什么他们的歌会在歌特俱乐部播。我非常推荐从L.A来的朋友们选择去我上面提到的几家俱乐部和许多非常友好的人一起渡过一个快乐的夜晚。

History Lesson
历史课

I have been involved with my wife Alma in the British Goth scene since about 1981, we were both punks prior to that and it was our appreciation of bands such as Siouxsie and Bauhaus which led to our involvement with the scene. We were lucky to see most of the early bands back in the 1980s (Siouxsie, Bauhaus, ASF, Specimen, SGC, SDC, Virgin Prunes etc). We lost interest in the original scene about 1987, most of the original bands had split or changed and a lot of the music being played didn't appeal to me. We got back into the scene in the early 1990s got to know many wonderful people and bands. It was a good time full of fun. The 1990s was a period of change and turmoil within the UK scene. There were many sub genres within the scene none that we felt part of and some that to be honest I disliked. We had Paganism, Wiccans, Vampires, Cyber, Spooky Kids etc all of them were ok in their own way but none were for me I afraid.

我和我的妻子Alma大概实在1981年左右踏入这圈子的,在此之前我们两人都算是朋克,要感谢Siouxsie和Bauhaus这样的乐队将我们带入了歌特的世界。很幸运,我们得以目睹大部分早期乐队的演出:Siouxsie, Bauhaus, ASF, Specimen, SGC, SDC, Virgin Prunes等等。在1987年左右,我们对老歌特圈子失去了兴趣,因为我们喜欢的很多乐队都解散了,还有的改变了风格,而这种改变无法吸引我。我们在90年代初期回归了歌特,并且认识了很多不可思议的乐队和人。那真是一段充满欢乐的时光。90年代的英国歌特圈充满了变化和骚动。这个时期有很多亚类型涌现出来,有些让人感觉和歌特关系不大,有些甚至可以说我根本不喜欢。虽然有异 教、巫 术、吸血鬼、赛博、鬼童这样的种种类别,但是,恐怕我自己不属于其中任何的一种。

Louis has asked me to write a review of the contemporary British Goth scene and I will endeavour to give a clear, concise and unbiased view on the current scene. However I must stress that as I no longer take an active part in the UK scene my thoughts and opinions are secondary and not primary (in other words don't take my words as being gospel ok?)

Louis让我写一篇对于英国当代歌特发展的回顾,我会尽力让它以清晰确切公正的面貌呈现出来。但是我必须强调的是,我已经很久不参加英国歌特圈子的活动了,所以我的观点和想法不能说是最合理和正确的(也就是说别把我的话当成福音书里的话一样去相信)。

Places To Know and Events for LA Goths to Go
LA歌特们应该知道的地点和活动

One of the main events on the Gothic calendar are the two Whitby Gothic Weekends which take place in April and October respectively and take place in Whitby (North Yorkshire) which is famous for it’s Abbey and it's association with the Dracula story. The festival is organized and run by Jo Hampshire who is a very nice person indeed. The festival has been in existence since 1994, we attended all of the festivals from 1995 up to 2000 but stopped going. There are two venues, the main one is at the Spa, there are usually four to five bands playing on the Friday and again on the Saturday night. The bands can be quite diverse Industrial, Metal, Electronic, Punk and Goth. I really don’t know what the festival is like now days, however I do believe that much of the music played at the Spa is electronic and eighties pop and wouldn't appeal to those who prefer traditional Gothic and Death Rock. There is an overspill event at the Metropol Hotel. This is basically a club night and can be variable.

By all accounts last October's Overspill was totally electronic based on the Friday and more varied on the Saturday (Traditional Goth/Industrial/EBM etc.) There are other unofficial events which take place over the weekend and these in the main cater more for the Traditional Gothic element and take place at various public houses around the town such as the Resolution on Flowergate (Gothic/Death Rock DJs and bands as well.) There is also the Sexy Sunday nights at the Metropol on Sunday and Monday. It gets pretty packed and the music is a mixture of everything basically. I would highly recommend Whitby to anybody who wants to experience the delights of a wonderful historic Town and also a highly enjoyable weekend. Everybody is friendly (especially the locals.) and I can guarantee that you would love it.

英国最重要的歌特活动之一就是每年两度举行的Whitby Gothic Weekends(惠特比歌特周末),该活动分别在每年的四月和十月举办,地点设在约克郡北部的惠特比。惠特比因它的修道院和它在著名小说Dracula当中的出现而闻名于世。这项活动由Jo Hampshire组织,他是个很不错的人。惠特比歌特周末起始于1994年,我们从95年到2000年都参加了,之后就从未去过。这项活动有两个机会地点,主要地点是在温泉浴场,通常有4-5支乐队会在周五和周六的晚上演出。乐队风格不限,从工业到金属到电子到朋克到歌特。我实在不知道现在的活动是什么样的了,但是我猜还是以电子和80年代流行为主,对那些喜欢传统歌特摇滚和死亡摇滚的人应该没什么吸引力。除此之外在Metropol宾馆还有个额外的活动。基本上来说就是俱乐部常见的那种活动。去年的额外活动在周五一直都是放的电子乐,到了周六才有其他类型的音乐。当然除这两个官方活动之外,也有不少“非官方”的为喜欢传统歌特音乐的人办的活动在惠特比附近的一些公共场所举行。比如Resolution on Flowergate (歌特/死亡摇滚/ DJ/各种乐队)。还有在Metropol宾馆举办的性感周日夜(周日和周一举办)这样的活动。这个活动充斥着各种各样人,音乐也是五花八门。对于想要体验英国历史古镇风貌和享受欢乐周末的人,我高度推荐惠特比歌特周末这个活动。每个人都很友好(特别是当地人)而且我保证你会玩的很开心。

Additional Information
额外的信息

The British public's attitude towards Goths is very mixed and varies from genuine interest, amusement, fear, verbal and physical abuse. I guess that's the same everywhere I suppose so my advice is be careful.
英国公众对于歌特的态度可谓各式各样,有的从心底喜欢,有的觉得有趣,有的觉得吓人,有的会言语攻击甚至有肢体冲突。我猜在哪儿都是一样的情况,所以我的建议是:要当心。
^*^
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2012-10-7 11:52:22 | 只看该作者
没人回复,自己占个楼先
回复

使用道具 举报

板凳
发表于 2012-10-8 12:57:51 | 只看该作者
感谢faM的翻译~不过为什么说她是old school呢?
回复

使用道具 举报

地板